Yak wool evolved over millennia to protect against the extreme Himalayan climate.
We've spent years transforming this astonishing fibre into a range of cutting-edge technical fabrics
for outdoor adventurers, through our in-house development programme Hima-Layer™.
This crew top is made with our Hima-Layer Original 230 fabric, using yak wool sourced from nomad families on the Qinghai Tibet plateau in the Himalayas.
Caring for your garment
- Even better than merino. It’s 66% more breathable and 40% warmer, weight for weight.
- Wicks moisture efficiently and allows sweat vapour to escape from your skin, so you won’t overheat or feel clammy.
- Naturally anti-bacterial fabric smells fresher longer - so you can pack light.
- Built-in 40+ UPF sun protection.
- Feels soft like cashmere - and there’s no itch.
- Cool machine wash on wool setting at 30˚c.
- Line dry in the shade.
As long as you follow our care instructions, any shrinkage will be minimal.